Five Pillars of Islam
The Five Pillars of Islam are five basic acts in Islam that are considered mandatory by believers and are the foundation of Muslim life. They are summarised in the famous hadith of Jibril.
Both the Sunni and Shia sect of Islam agree on the intricate details for the practice of these acts.
Pillars of Sunni Islam:
1. Shahada - Faith: It is the declaration of faith and trust that professes that there is only one God and that Prophet Muhammad is God's Messenger.
2. Salat - Prayer: It is the Islamic prayer or Namaz. It consists of five daily prayers according to the Sunna. They are, Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib and Isha.
3. Zakat - Charity: It is the practice of giving to those in need based on accumulated wealth.
4. Sawm - Fasting: Qur'an recognizes three types of fasting. They are Ritual Fasting, Fasting as Compensation or Repentence and Ascetic Fasting.
5. Hajj - Pilgrimage to Mecca: Hajj is the pilgrimage that is done during the Islamic Month of Dhu Al-Hijjah to the holy city of Mecca.
Pillars of Shia Islam:
1. Tawhid: Belied in the oneness of God.
2. Adl: Belief in the Almighty's Justice.
3. Nubuwwah: Prophethood.
4. Imamah: Succession to Muhammad.
5. Mi'ad: Judgement Day.
1. Walayah: Love and devotion to God.
2. Tawhid: Oneness of God.
3. Salat: Prayer
4. Zakat: Charity
5. Sawm: Fasting
6. Hajj: Pilgrimage to Mecca
7. Jihad: The Greater Struggle
Ramadan Mubarak 2018 :)